- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons relish, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (yellow)
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can pizza dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, for serving
- mustard, for serving
- ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Drain on a towel-lined plate. Drain all grease from pan except 1 tablespoon.
- Return pan to medium heat and cook onions and garlic until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, cream cheese, relish, scallions, crisp bacon, salt and pepper. Cook until cream cheese is melted, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Unroll the pizza dough and cut into 18 squares. Working with one at a time, place about 2 teaspoons shredded cheddar cheese into the center of the dough, then top with about a tablespoon of the beef mixture. Top with a teaspoon of cheddar cheese. Pull the corners of the dough up to meet in the middle and pinch to close. Place the dough, seam side down, about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with relish, mustard and ketchup on the side.