- 2 (14 1/8 ounce) boxes store-bought pie crusts
- 2 lbs strawberries, slices in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Roll out the 2 pie crusts until they are thin and can cover a baking sheet aka jelly roll pan (10.5" x15.5").
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, perforate one pie crust (this is the top layer of the pie).
- Place sliced strawberries into a bowl.
- Add sugar, corn starch, lemon - mix gently.
- Pace other rolled-out pie crust on the baking sheet/jelly roll pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Spread strawberries on top.
- Unroll the perforated (heart-shaped cut-outs) top layer of pie crust on top of everything.
- Fold in the edges so the slab pie is sealed.
- Brush a thin coating of milk or heavy cream on the crust and top of the pie's surface.
- Bake 375F for 30-40mins.
- Slice and serve with sifted powdered sugar.