- FRIED BACON
- 1 lb thick sliced bacon, cut in half
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or cream or half & half)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- spices (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- CREAM GRAVY
- 3 tablespoons drippings or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping)
- salt and pepper, heavy on the pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan over med-high heat.
- Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Place flour in another bowl - season it if you'd like (garlic, pepper, salt, lemon, cajun, etc.).
- Double dip - first in the egg mixture, then into the flour and repeat.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with cream gravy for dipping; also good served with steak.
- To make cream gravy:
- Put drippings or butter in a sauce pan over med-high heat. Whisk in the flour until well blended; cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from heat and gradually add milk whisking constantly; return to heat & whisk until the gravy thickens; Whisk in the cream, salt & pepper.