- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs venison
- 2 medium onions, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers (1-1/2 cups) or 2 red bell peppers, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or grated (3/4 cup) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced spring onion (optional)
- Brown ground beef, breaking meat into small pieces, cooking until pink disappears from meat.
- Pour into colander and drain.
- Place cooked meat and all other ingredients into crock pot and stir thoroughly.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6-8 hours.
- ***If you can still see individual grains of rice, keep cooking it until they disappear.
- Sprinkle cheese and spring onions over each serving, if desired.