- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 cups turkey broth, divided (or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 8 ounces noodles (fusilli, rotini or similar)
- Saute onions and carrots in butter until soft, not brown.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Gradually add 2 cups broth and milk.
- Cook and stir until it thickens.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups broth, and all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 10-12 minutes until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.