- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, paprika and bourbon; whisk well to combine and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to sautÚ mode, add oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add chicken thighs and sauce and stir gently to coat.
- Cover, lock the lid and set the valve to the sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- When cook time is done, quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid and set aside.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and add remaining ╝ cup of barbecue sauce.
- Serve warm.