- CHICKEN PARMESAN BISCUITS
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten (plus a splash of water)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) cans homestyle buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- GARLIC PARMESAN BUTTER
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Add the panko, parmesan, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper to a separate large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs and about 2 tablespoons of water to a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a Dutch oven to 350°F.
- Dredge the chicken in flour first, then coat in the egg wash, and finally cover in panko.
- Fry the tenders until cooked through and golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Cut each tender horizontally into thirds.
- Flatten out the biscuit rounds. Add about 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella in the center and top with chicken piece. Cover and pinch close to seal. You will have left over fried chicken.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the butter mixture.
- Brush the rolls with the butter mixture while still warm. Serve with marinara on the side.