- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (heaping)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can pimientos (including the liquid)
- Soak raw cashews for a few hours (this will help the sauce be more smooth and less grainy from the nuts though the flavor is good either way).
- Put 2 1/2 cups of water into a blender with all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining water.
- Heat the mixture in a saucepan for about 20 minutes.
- Stir continually to prevent it from burning.
- Add water to desired consistency (optional).
- Use as a nacho cheese dip or as a replacement for cheese on other foods