- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets (from a 17-ounce package)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (squeeze out any excess moisture with hands)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional and to taste)
- Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small cup or bowl whisk together 1 egg with water; set aside.
- In another bowl mix together 2 eggs, feta cheese, spinach, onion, parsley and black pepper.
- Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll each sheet into a 12-inch square.
- Cut each into 16 (3-inch) squares (I use a pizza cutter for this!).
- Place about 1 tablespoon spinach/cheese mixture in the middle of each square.
- Brush the edges with egg mixture.
- Fold squares over the filling to form triangles.
- Crimp edges to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet, and brush tops with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Best served warm or at room temperature.