- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, cold
- 3⁄4 cup milk, cold
- Preheat oven to 425 F Mix first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or a fork, or two knives, until crumbly.
- Add milk.
- Stir until it forms a ball.
- Add a bit more milk if necessary to make a soft dough.
- Roll or pat to 1 inch thick. (I usually pat the dough).
- Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or a floured glass.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 425 F for about 10- 12 minutes or until risen and nicely browned. (in my oven it usually takes 15 minutes).
- This is supposed to make 12, but I almost always only get 11 biscuits, with the size of the glass that I use.