- 18 -24 cups zucchini, chopped fine
- 8 medium sweet white onions, chopped fine
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped fine (remove veins and seeds)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped fine (remove veins and seeds)
- 10 -12 small jalapeno peppers, chopped fine with seeds
- 3 -4 banana peppers, chopped fine with seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 -8 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 24 ounces tomato paste
- Day One: In a large bowl or stainless pan combine: zucchini; onions; green bell peppers; red bell peppers; jalapeno peppers; banana peppers; minced garlic; and 1/2 cup pickling salt. Mix together, cover, and let stand overnight.
- CAUTION: do not use an aluminum container for soaking or cooking -- the speckle ware pans or stainless will work well.
- Day Two: Rinse zucchini mixture thoroughly; drain well; and put into a large cooking pot. Then add dry mustard; garlic powder; cumin; white vinegar; brown sugar; red pepper flakes; 2 tablespoons of pickling salt; ground black pepper; chopped tomatoes; and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid sticking or burning. Pour into sterilized jars and seal. Water bath jars for 15 minutes.