- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink beans, rinsed, drained (I substitute pinto beans when I can't find pink beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 16 ounces ham, cubed (optional)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook and chop bacon.
- Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven (or crock pot if using that). Mix well.
- Simmer on the stove, over a camp fire, in the oven (at 350°F), in the crock pot, or on the grill (medium heat) until the vegetables are soft (at least an hour).
- You should stir often (unless you're cooking in the oven or crock pot), to prevent sticking on the bottom of the Dutch oven. Stir lightly, you don't want to mash the beans.