- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I prefer fresh minced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (more or less for your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I like the jack or cheddar combos)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer the green sauce)
- olive (optional)
- 12 corn tortillas
- If using chicken, boil chicken in water.
- Then rinse and shred with fork.
- Add onion and garlic.
- If using ground beef, brown with onion and garlic, drain.
- Add next 7 ingredients (worcestershire sauce through black pepper).
- In another skillet, heat oil.
- Add tortillas, one at a time, for 10 seconds on each side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- In 10x13 baking pan, pour just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of meat mixture.
- Cheese, onions, and/or olives can be put inside each enchilada at this time, if desired.
- Roll tortilla and place seam side down in pan.
- Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with cheese (additional olives may be added if desired).
- At this time, pan may be refrigerated for several hours or overnight.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes (30 minutes if refrigerated).
- Top with sour cream.