- FOR THE CRUST
- 4 1⁄2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- FOR THE FILLING
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural-style)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, broken into small pieces
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Please Note****Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours.
- To Make The Crust:
- Combine crushed Oreo cookies and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter.
- Pat the crust mixture onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- To Make The Filling:
- Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place springform pan into a larger baking pan.
- Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 275°F 1-1/2 hours, or until firm and lightly browned.
- For The Topping:
- Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake.
- Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.