- 8 eggs
- 2 large pinch sea salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- 3 carrots (or a mix of both) or 3 zucchini, roughly grated (or a mix of both)
- 1 handful vegetables (try chopped red pepper, fennel, or peas)
- 1 onions or 1 leeks or 1 some scallions or 1 fresh chives, chopped finely
- 1 large garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano and a small handful fresh parsley (or any fresh or dried herbs and spices)
- 1 large handful of grated hard cheese (such as cheddar, gruyere or parmesan)
- Preheat the oven to fan 190ºC / 375°F. Grease a muffin tray well with a little butter/ghee or use paper cases or parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salt and pepper, all the grated and chopped vegetables or peas, finely chopped onion or leek, garlic, and any spices or herbs.You are looking for a ratio of around 50 percent egg to 50 percent raw veg.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes,then crumble the cheese on top and turn on the broiler. Broil for about a minute until the tops are golden brown. Alternatively, you could stir the cheese into the egg mix, not bother with the broiler, and just cook in the oven for 14 minutes.
- To check if they are done, give the muffin tray a wobble – the frittatas should be just set in the middle. You can always put them back in the oven for another 1–2 minutes if you think they need cooking any longer.
- Remove the frittatas from the tray and leave to cool on a wire rack. Wrap them up in baking or greaseproof paper or pop them in your lunch box for a great snack on the go.