- FOR THE BANANA BREAD
- 4 bananas, mash 350g and save leftover banana to decorate the top of the loaf
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon maple syrup for the batter, plus 1/2 tbs for the top
- FOR THE CHIA BERRY JAM
- 180 g fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 -2 1⁄2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract and a squeeze lemon juice (optional)
- For the banana bread:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a loaf tin with baking parchment and pour the mixture inches.
- Whisk dry ingredients, then stir in all the wet ingredients using only ½ tbs maple syrup and mix until smooth. Alternatively throw everything into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Decorate the top with slices of excess banana and drizzle over the other ½ tablespoon of maple syrup to make a gloss.
- Bake at 180ºC for 50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack completely before turning out of the tin, slicing and eating.
- *Tip - You could also top this with walnuts, goji berries, pumpkin seeds - or anything else that takes your fancy!*.
- For the berry chia jam:
- Mash the berries or blend them in a food processor.
- Mix in the chia seeds,1 tbsp warm water and 1 teaspoon of the honey (and the vanilla extract and lemon juice, if using). Stir well to stop clumps forming or make it straight in the jar and shake to mix.
- Keep the chia jam sealed in a jar in the fridge to set for at least an hour or until needed.
- Taste and stir in a little more honey, if needed.